Skydance Interactive has released a brand new update today for the Oculus Quest version of The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, also available for the Oculus Quest 2.
The Quest/Quest 2 port of The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners has been well-received by fans of the game – including myself! – but there have been a few problems since launch. Some players weren’t able to download the game at all, but those who were able to play ended up with bugs galore, some of which broke the game’s story progression. Thankfully, this new update for version – 2020.10.22/build 186539 – fixes a lot of the problems present in the build that was released on October 13th.
Among the fixes are adjustments to the game’s graphics, performance, and more. The full patch notes are down below:
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Quest Patch Notes
- Adjusted the blood fx on arms
- Lighting Pass on all maps
- Performance improvements around the Bus
- VFX resolution pass Bug Fixes
- Progression Break – Walking away or sleeping during a conversation with “the Man on the radio” prevents the story from progressing. (Unfortunately, it could not be a retroactive fix, but should no longer come up during progression in new save files)
- Added the missing doorknobs back to their doors in Bywater and The Ward
- Adjusted Radio Volumes
- Axe should always appear as a back-up, during the Finale
- Character Textures Fixes
- Miscellaneous Environment Geometry fixes
- Projectile collision at Finale battle fixed
- Reflective textures should no longer turn black when loading into a map
- Skydome Texture Fixes
- Overwriting a previous save profile should no longer cause audio to temporarily muted
I’m still working my way through Saints & Sinners’ gruesome and scary world for our review, but my colleague Jez played through the game on PC using his OG Quest earlier this year and he enjoyed it in his review.