Indie game developer SkyTale Studios has announced today that it will release F-Sim Space Suttle VR on Oculus go this October, and that other VR and non-VR platforms will follow a little later on.
The game, or sim, simulates the Space Shuttle approach and landing in great detail with a big focus on real-world accuracy. It combines realistic flight dynamics with realistic presentation and fun gameplay. Each attempt only takes a few minutes to complete – or seconds if you’re a really bad shuttle driver – so it’s the perfect dip-in, dip-out VR experience.
If it looks a little familiar, that’s because it originally released on Android and iOS devices a while back, but this isn’t just a simple port of that game. Instead, it has been completely reworked for VR.
- Highly realistic flight simulator
- Realistic instrument displays
- Stability augmentation and autopilot features
- Veteran options like full manual control, emergency scenarios, and system failures
- Virtual 3D cockpit with incredible detail
- High resolution terrain textures
- Day/night cycles
- Atmospheric scattering
- Fun gameplay with scores, online leaderboards, and achievements
- Cinematic replays