Team21 has come out swinging with a couple of trailers for its in-development VR MMO RPG, Ilysia, and has announced that the game will be getting a Kickstarter campaign to aid the development of the game this Spring.
The studio, led by a trio of brothers, have released a couple of trailers to drum up a bit of interest in Ilysia, and to advertise the ‘pre-Kickstarter’ funding the studio is pushing where early-investors can get exclusive in-game rewards.
Ilysia is a VR MMO RPG, and in the game players will be able to travel together to go on missions and to explore the game’s world and its many secrets. The inspirations are clear, and you’re not the only one getting Skyrim vibes from this one.
It’ll be interesting to see how the game comes along as it’s supposedly in development for PSVR, PCVR, and even the Oculus Quest, and the developers are claiming the game will be cross-play compatible, meaning players from each platform will be able to play with one another. Lofty ambitions, we’ll have to see how it comes along after the Kickstarter that is planned to happen this Spring.
- Room-scale VR Multiplayer Online RPG.
- Full Index controller support.
- Hundreds of hours of questing, exploring, and hunting. Ilysia features massive environments, known as Kingdoms. Each new update to Ilysia will bring a new Kingdom for the players to explore.
- Navigate the environment with complete freedom, climb trees, rocks, and buildings.
- Explore hidden caves and hunt for treasures through unique climbing experiences. Players will find themselves dangling from cliff edges, jumping from ledge to ledge, and leaping into deep lagoons.
- Each Kingdom in Ilysia contains world bosses, known as Guardians. These Guardians stand hundreds of stories tall, they contain dungeons and exploration zones. Players can climb and explore these massive Guardians while questing in Ilysia, or choose to avoid them and quest at their own pace.
- Each player will have a personal caravan that can be decorated and customized to suit each individuals taste and needs. Caravans can be used as a means of fast travel between Kingdoms if the player so chooses to do so.
- Planned PVP
- Daily quests as well as holiday-themed quests.
- Discover a traveling festival where players can play mini-games to win unique gear, weapons, pets, and mounts.
- Control airships
- Collect pets
- Collect and ride Mounts